Saturday 2 May 2009

Gran Torino

We decided to go and see a film at the weekend. Andrew chose the film and the only place it was showing was the Hollywood cinema. I haven't been there for years so it was a little trip down memory lane for me. We were lucky again, for a Sunday evening it was very quiet. There were only about twenty people in Screen 2 with us as we settled down to watch Gran Torino. I did not really know what to expect as I had not seen a write up of the film he had chosen. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. The film was incredibly moving. By the end of it you could have heard a pin drop, as it had completely silenced everyone watching. Not often that happens when you are out in public. I don't often enjoy films that much, but I would give Gran Torino a five star rating. If you haven't already seen it, it is well worth going.

No comments:

Post a Comment