Thursday 16 April 2009

Literary Agents

In the short space of three weeks, I have had rejections from Darley Anderson, Andrew Lownie and Wade and Doherty. While you might be excused for thinking that this is awful news, I am glad that they have turned it round so quickly and am thankful that I haven't been left waiting for weeks on end to get replies. The last of the rejections, hardly seemed like a decline at all it was such a nice e-mail from Broo Doherty, of Wade and Doherty Literary Agency.
Not to be put off, I have decided that the time has come to post off multiple submissions and have sent out six big brown envelopes with the required three chapters in each and will now start the patient, or not so for me, wait for the replies. I always get a surge of excitement and enthusiasm as I post the submissions off, but it is soon overtaken with that deep seated uncertainty, will this be the one that asks for a full manuscript. So I am now in the company of writers all over the world. Waiting to see if that big brown envelope I enclosed in the submission, comes bobbing up the front garden path in the hands of the postman.

No comments:

Post a Comment